1CanesNation


Thursday, January 28, 2010

Post of the Day.....

 per: Captain Optimist aka Cavaleer f canespace





Another Henderson tidbit: His parents have every intention of moving with him to college. I spoke with his father Sean Henderson this morning and his response to the possibility of living in South Florida: "It's great, it's Miami, South Beach. We live in Minnesota, it's nine degrees right now and feels like 20 below (zero). I'm sure, it's 70 there.
Posted by: Playa..The Blogger Formerly Known as Rashad | January 28, 2010 at 11:43 AM
Call me a cynic, but in college recruiting speach, parents moving with the player means nice cushy job and house near the school. Not the Miami way. I don't think he's coming.
his parents could be rich I guess.
Posted by: USAFCane | January 28, 2010 at 03:28 PM
>>>
That or they could have skills that would let them pick up and leave and find new jobs. Or they've been saving for this for some time and have a stash.
It is interesting though.
OTOH, he's talking about Miami with some nice words. haha
This is going to be very, very interesting. hahaha


_________________________________________________



per: CDwright40 f.canesports

Believe me.....I HATE POSTING THIS BUT...


IT MUST BE SAID.

What I am seeing is a lot of very large egos being told they don't know what the heck they are talking about. What I see is people who have convinced themselves that they understand what the needs of our team are like they are a coach. This is an ego problem.

I, like everyone else likes to do this for fun. That is why these discussion boards exist but I think some just take it way too far. We take it so seriously. Don't get all upside down overy a recruiting class. Any top 20 class is probably good but just because it is a top 10-20 class, that doesn't mean that they will win. Sometimes the aren't the players we need...but they are the players we WANT.

This is a class based on what our coaches percieve we NEED. The difference is there isn't any trust with our coaches with some of us fans. That, I am okay with but not trusting our coaches is one thing. To operate under the assumption that YOU KNOW MORE is something that is way out there for me.

Think about this. Something Jimmy Johnson mentioned on his interview yesterday. To paraphrase as best I can....He said "These are kids that play in the area. Don't you think that the ooaches in this area know more than the ones outside the area about who can play at Miami?" They see these kids and know their coaches. They know more than anyone about local kids.

To add to that, they have proven themselves at previous jobs to earn at least some respect. Don't take it so personally that they may not agree with YOU. Don't let your own ego get in the way. If they don't think Chandler can help us, and you do then let's just give them the benifit of the doubt because it is their funeral if they don't win. We expect excellence from these coaches on and off the field....but we can't micromanage every little thing they do or believe every erroneous article as some self fulfilling prophecy you have about our coaches. They are all qualified for the opportunity at least.

Now, before I get called what I am usually called here. A Shannon homer or a rah rah guy I look at this very pragmaticly. I view this with great perspective. This is a rebuild. Plain and simple but if the job isn't done by Jacorys senior year then I will be the first to call for another coach....but he has earned a fair shot.





No comments:

1st Timers

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Black List ...I hate Randy Club

You don't want to be on this list .
Or maybe you do.

_____________
jax_canes f.CS

View My Stats

Blog Top Sites

Academics Business Directory - BTS Local