1CanesNation


Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Uh ..NO.....

I was perpare to do a great piece on one of our current commitment
then I pass by this little gem.

Here My 2Cent ,Canes coach and Chandler are both in the wrong here.
Cane's Coach could have related to Chandler how they feel about his
chances of receive a offer.
Chandler could have kept his #%$% in order.Yes,kid you really become a lil primo donna
your SR. year at the West.


http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=4828955
(Click on link to read the whole Story)


For Todd Chandler, it was almost too good to be true. The 6-foot, 290-pound defensive tackle, who won a national championship at Miami Northwestern as a sophomore, committed to his hometown team, the Miami Hurricanes, as a junior.



Chandler
Tom Hauck for ESPN.comUSF coach Skip Holtz will certainly work to retain the commitment of Todd Chandler.



Chandler planned to join former Northwestern teammates and current Hurricanes standouts Marcus Forston and Sean Spence.


"It was really like a dream come true," Chandler said. "It was a chance to play with Marcus, Sean and my other old teammates from Northwestern."


For Chandler, it was also an opportunity to play for the team that inspired him to first try football.


"I grew up watching Miami and I always wanted to be a Cane," Chandler added. "They got me into football, and when I committed, all I could think about was being able to have the opportunity there to inspire other young football players the way that program inspired me."


As Chandler went through his senior season, something changed. He didn't hear from the Miami coaches as frequently. He still was a regular visitor at practices, but he felt more like an outsider.


A conversation with Hurricanes secondary coach Wesley McGriff left the player more uncertain about his standing with the program and why the communication had become strained.


"I was confused," said Chandler, the No. 7 DT and No. 67 overall player in the ESPNU 150. "The coaches were saying everything was good, but something was different. They were no longer acting like a team that was interested."


Chandler was familiar enough with the process through other area recruits to know that programs can drop verbal commitments at the worst time, leaving them with few options.


"I didn't understand it, and I still don't," said Miami Northwestern assistant coach Terrance Craig. "Todd did everything Miami asked him to do, and they just hung him out to dry."


NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on individual recruits until that player has signed a letter of intent with the school.


Rather than take the risk with a commitment he was feeling uneasy about, Chandler took his future into his own hands.


First, he switched commitments from Miami and gave a "soft" verbal to South Florida with visits planned to other schools like Louisville and Colorado State.


"Coach [Jim] Leavitt made me feel like I was wanted," Chandler added. "They were going after me pretty hard."


Three weeks later, Leavitt was fired.


Chandler was at square one again.

2 comments:

AllCanes said...

some1 please gotto the bottom of this....

Miami Hurricanes Blog TIMES said...

stop stealing Radio ,you idiot
You F up.....

1st Timers

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Black List ...I hate Randy Club

You don't want to be on this list .
Or maybe you do.

_____________
jax_canes f.CS

View My Stats

Blog Top Sites

Academics Business Directory - BTS Local